Here at enhanceskin, Nelson and Marlborough’s appearance medicine specialists, we see many clients at this time of year suffering from distressed winter skin. The loss of humidity and repeated traipsing from overheated shops and offices back into the cold can sadly increase the suffering from various common skin conditions such as rosacea.
Generally, rosacea is characterised by persistent redness and breakouts on the central areas of the face, typically affecting the nose, cheeks, forehead and chin. Though there is not a known cure for rosacea, many have seen positive results from cosmeceutical products and professional treatments, such as IPL.
Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea:
- An impaired barrier leads to constant moisture loss
- Dry, flaky skin is common
- Visible redness is a sign of underlying and superficial inflammation
- Blood vessels are larger and, therefore, more visible
How we help:
- Contact us to book a Cosmedical consultation with David, together with you, he will work out the best form of treatment to help your specific condition.
- We can also provide you with the correct skin care products to use at home, the fabulous PCA SKIN, offers several products that can help alleviate symptoms of rosacea.
- PCA SKIN Hydrating Serum
- PCA SKIN Anti-Redness Serum
- PCA SKIN Creamy Cleanser
(All stocked at our Nelson Clinic)