Have you ever poured yourself a tall glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice in the morning and instantly felt revitalised? That’s not surprising. As a concentrated source of Vitamin C, that glass is chock full of powerful antioxidants that guarantee to give you some Va Va Voom. But what if we told you that you could similarly revitalise your skin without having to apply orange juice! This essential vitamin has several skincare benefits, but there are easier ways to get your daily fix! Read on to find out all the details.
Vitamin C and Skincare Benefits:
Using skincare that contains vitamin C daily can have many benefits. The powerful antioxidant properties help protect against free radicals caused by pollution, environmental factors and harmful UV rays. This, in turn, helps to prevent the signs of ageing, leaving you with healthy, balanced skin.
- Products containing Vitamin C can reduce the visibility of sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Regular application will help to revitalise dull, blotchy skin.
- A product containing Vitamin C can also boost collagen production. Something that starts to decrease as we age.
- Antioxidant properties of Vitamin C will also protect the skin from irritation and inflammation, thus reducing redness.
- Use a Vitamin C skincare product alongside your daily sunscreen to increase its effectiveness.
In short, skincare products that contain topical Vitamin C can tighten, brighten and lighten! That’s a brilliant combination.
Our Favourite Daily Use Vit C Product:
At enhanceskin, we recommend Aspect Dr Active C Serum. It is an essential daily-use product because of the practical skincare benefits it offers. This powerful antioxidant and peptide serum helps to firm the skin’s surface and promote elasticity for a radiant complexion.
But, there’s more to this firm(ing) favourite product than Vit C alone. Here’s a list of key ingredients:
- Firstly, our hero… Vitamin C – An oil-soluble antioxidant that is pH neutral and helps to illuminate and protect the skin.
- Panthenol – A form of Vitamin B5 that assists with hydrating the skin.
- Peptide Complex – Combines SYN®-COLL, Syn®-Ake and Pepha-Tight® to promote elasticity and a more youthful appearance.
- And finally, Canadian Willowherb™ Extract – A botanical antioxidant that soothes and comforts.
It’s this combination of active ingredients that works together to provide fantastic skincare benefits.
At enhanceskin, we are proud to offer an advanced range of skincare products from our Nelson clinic. Call into our clinic and talk to us to discover how we can help you get your daily Vit C dose.