At enhanceskin, we’ve been leading the way in varicose vein treatments in Nelson & Blenheim for many years. It’s been just over twelve months since we first introduced the newest varicose vein treatment we offer – Venaseal. This groundbreaking treatment is also known as the ‘superglue’ treatment. It uses a proprietary medical adhesive delivered endovenously, treating and closing varicose veins. While the treatment is not always suitable for every client (especially allergic individuals), if this solution is appropriate for you, it does have some benefits not found with other varicose vein treatments.
Five Venaseal Benefits
- Minimally invasive – Like Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) and Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy (UGS), Venaseal is a walk-in, walk-out treatment. You will not require anaesthesia. You will generally need just one small incision which means lower rates of pain, bruising and complications.
- Time-saving – We know your time is precious. And Venaseal is fast as well as effective. The whole procedure will take between 1-2 hours , depending on how many veins are being treated in a single visit.
- Fast recovery – Venaseal uses a medical adhesive. The process involves no heat or thermal sealants. This helps to speed up recovery time. It also reduces the minimal risk of injuring surrounding tissue during the procedure.
- No need to cover up – Unlike other varicose vein treatments, using the Venaseal closure system means that there is no requirement to wear compression stockings following your procedure. In fact, you’ll likely leave the clinic with a single unobtrusive dressing. This makes summer treatments more appealing!
- Fly away – Following the Venaseal treatment, there are no restrictions on air travel. So, if it is suitable for you, you can hop on a plane straight away.
Make 2019 the year that you free yourself from varicose veins and wear shorts again! Book your FREE, no-obligation consultation with David (in Nelson or Blenheim) and discover whether VenaSeal is for you; and if it’s not remember that we have other ways of treating your varicose veins.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA), the gold standard varicose vein treatment, requires no general anaesthesia or hospital stay. You walk in and walk out, and you are even able to drive home afterwards.
- Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy (UGS) uses specialised ultrasound equipment to guide injections of sclerosant which permanently closes the vein. This procedure is also virtually painless, requiring no anaesthesia and takes just an hour.