At enhanceskin we are proud to offer an advanced range of skin care products. We’ve selected these prescription-based science backed solutions carefully. We’ve found that many people remain confused about what’s important when it comes to caring for the body’s largest organ. So, today we thought we’d face facts and debunk three skin care myths.
Skin Care Myth #1 – You don’t need sunscreen on a cloudy day
Our mantra is “Protect, rejuvenate and enhance” and it all starts with sunscreen… Not just for sunny days, be sure to wear your sunscreen every day come rain, shine or anything in between. Be sure to use a Facial Sunscreen formulated for your face! Sounds obvious doesn’t it? If you’re still using your general (body) sunscreen for your face these are the benefits you’ll see when you make the switch:
- It will feel so much better to put on and keep on, you won’t get that horrible “gloopiness”
- Your make up won’t slide off if you’re wearing a facial sunscreen under it
- There’s less chance a face formulation will congest your skin, so you can avoid breakouts
- A facial sunscreen will be specifically formulated for this more sensitive skin
Skin Care Myth #2 – A moisturiser will hydrate the skin
For healthy, glowing, hydrated skin use serums containing Vitamin C (in the morning) and Vitamin A/Retinol (in the evening). These will feed your skin from below the surface, where a moisturiser is unable to penetrate.
Skin Care Myth #3 – A good scrub with soap and water will keep your skin glowing
Well that’s what your Nanna said… Unfortunately, on this occasion, Nanna was wrong. A good quality cleanser is the crucial first step in an effective skin care regimen. Be sure to cleanse morning and also importantly at night, but don’t use soap (even fancily packaged “facial” soap), as it will strip your skin of all its natural oils.
Here are a few tips for applying your cleanser…
- Watch the temperature; Moisten your face, but at the risk of sounding like Goldilocks, you don’t want the water to be too hot or too cold, you want it just right; just right means tepid!
- Most of the products we sell come with pump dispensers. Use 2 to 3 pumps of cleanser, depending on how much make up you have on. You might need more at the end of the day than the beginning.
- Removal is important. You can use a fresh facecloth (but you’ll need a new one every day) or cotton pads, we moisten these to prevent pulling at the skin.
If you would like to find out more about the skin care solutions we offer, call in and talk to Robyn or Taryn.