At enhanceskin, we’re often asked by our Nelson and Blenheim based clients whether Botulinum Toxin (Botox) can be used as a preventative therapy?
Worldwide trends have certainly seen an increase in younger women, in their twenties and thirties using Botox, but when we’re looking at preventative measures, how soon is too soon? This is a hard one to answer, as every person is different, and the rate at which an individual’s skin will start to show signs of aging varies with both genetics and environmental factors.
There are different types of wrinkles… Dynamic and static wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles occur through facial expressions, when you smile or frown. In younger people, who have lots of lovely collagen and elastin in their skin, these dynamic wrinkles will usually disappear when their face is relaxed. So, there is certainly no requirement for corrective therapy. But when it comes to anti-aging, prevention is always better than cure, and opting for preventative Botox in very small doses can be a solution to stop those dynamic wrinkles becoming permanent or static wrinkles. However, at enhanceskin, we believe that injectables are not the only solution to slow down the signs of aging. Preventative steps can also be taken with a good skincare regime and some seasonal maintenance in the form of medi-facials.
Prescribed Skin Care
At enhanceskin, we are proud to offer an advanced range of skin care products, (including a range of all important sunscreens) from around the world to help you bring out the best in your appearance and prevent early signs of aging. If you’re not yet using products containing Vitamin A or Vitamin C, then that’s a great place to start.
- Vitamin C. This vitamin plays an important role in maintaining healthy, resilient skin. Young skin is full of vitamin C, but aging skin loses this nutrient over time. It’s never to early to give your skin a boost; we recommend Aspect Dr. Active C Serum to improve your skin tone, texture, and firmness.
- Vitamin A. Another name for Vitamin A is Retinol; this key antioxidant ingredient can connect to almost any skin cell and tell it to behave like a healthy, younger skin cell… Not magic… Just science! We recommend Aspect Dr. Exfol A Plus Serum it assists in cellular turnover, refines pores, regulates oil production, enhances skin texture, helping to improve the appearance of fine lines, aging and sun-damaged skin.
Winter is the perfect time to treat your skin to a medi-facial. Lacey is now taking bookings for these.
- Years of accumulated discoloured skin cells that dull your complexion are removed, while your pores are deeply cleansed of embedded dirt and impurities.
- You will be amazed at just how much healthier, clearer and more vibrant your skin and complexion will appear.
- You will enjoy seriously visible results that will no doubt leave your friends wondering what your secret is.
The best way to determine whether Botox is the right anti-aging treatment for you is to call us for a complimentary initial consultation. Our clinic is in Nelson, but you’ll also find us in Blenheim at the Churchill Trust Private Hospital.
BOTOX® is a Prescription Medicine containing 100 units of botulinum toxin type A for injection. It is used for the treatment of frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet, And for the treatment of severe primary hyperhidrosis of the axillae. It should be administered only by trained medical professionals. Talk to your specialist about the benefits/risks of this procedure. Cautions: People with defective neuro-muscular transmission disorders, infection at site of injection, glaucoma, pregnancy and lactation. Possible side effects include headaches, injection site pain/burning/sting-ing/bruising/swelling/redness, local muscle weakness including drooping eyelids/eyebrows, eyelid swelling, skin tightness, tingling sensations, aching/itching forehead, nausea and flu-like symptoms. For hyperhidrosis it can include perceived increase in sweating in areas other than the underarms, pain at the injection site, pain, hot flushes and transient arm weakness. If you have any side effects or concerns speak to your doctor. You will need to pay for this medicine. Normal Doctors visit fees apply. Note: BOTOX® facial treatment lasts about four months and after this time further courses of treatment may be necessary. BOTOX® hyperhidrosis treatment lasts about 7.5 months and after this time further courses of treatment may be necessary Speak to your specialist about your own situation.
BOTOX® is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc. Allergan Australia Pty Ltd. ABN 85 000 612 831, 77 Ridge Street, Gordon, NSW 2072. Allergan New Zealand Ltd, PO Box 1873 Auckland 1000, New Zealand.