The skin is the largest organ in the body, and one of its main responsibilities is to excrete certain types of waste materials from our system. These waste materials are generally environmental or lifestyle toxins, and are released from the body via the surface of the skin. Ultimately, what we nourish our cells with (what we eat) and the amount of that we absorb, becomes the skin we’re in.
One of the best ways to achieve glowing vibrant skin, is with an intelligent skincare regime combined with nourishment through wholesome, nutritious food, loaded with beneficial nutrients and antioxidants. This will help keep your skin looking and feeling radiant.
Our in house health & wellness enthusiast and receptionist, Taryn, has created this delicious and nutritious smoothie recipe that’s bound to make you feel amazing, as well as nourish your skin from the inside out. We hope you enjoy it!
GLOWING SKIN SMOOTHIE
- 1 medium banana (peeled, chopped into chunks and frozen*)
- 1/2 lemon (peeled and seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks (high in vitamin C, key in production of collagen)
- 1 cup coconut water (hydrates the skin)
- 1 cup baby spinach, preferably organic (alkalizing and rich in beta carotene which converts to vitamin A)
- 1/2 avocado (rich in omega 9 fatty acids)
- 1 scoop plant protein powder, plain or vanilla (protein is a building block for healthy skin)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp matcha powder (powdered green tea leaves that deliver ten times more antioxidants)
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You may add more coconut water if you prefer a ‘thinner’ textured smoothie, or less if you prefer a thicker one. Serve cold and enjoy the amazing benefits of this nutrient dense smoothie.
*Freezing your banana creates a creamy texture that is absolutely divine, but it’s perfectly fine to use a ripe unfrozen one too.
Discover more of Taryn’s recipes, tips and wisdom at wellnesswithtaryn.com.