It’s around this time of year, leading up to the silly season, that stress levels start to rise. The pressure is on to attend events, create the perfect family Christmas, get work deadlines completed prior to the holidays, and all of this takes its toll on your skin.
- When you’re stressed, your digestive system can become unbalanced, leading to skin problems, including dryness, oiliness, break outs and dullness.
- Stress can also exacerbate skin issues you may already have, like rosacea and eczema.
- In the longer term stress can contribute to fine lines and wrinkles. Either through dryness and dehydration or through the facial expressions that typically manifest themselves with stress.
There are so many ways you can help yourself and combat stress:
- Eat well – Fresh fruit and vegetables provide an array of vitamins and minerals that are great for reducing stress. Make the time to sit down and enjoy your meals, chew well. This will help avoid putting your digestive system into overdrive.
- Sleep well – Check out this infographic for tips on “How to Sleep Better.”
- Walk well – Regular exercise is good for your skin, and the rest of your body.
Don’t forget, no matter how busy you may be, to keep your regular skincare routine going. Call in and see Robyn or Lacey for advice on skincare solutions.
Why not prepare yourself for the holiday season in advance…
- Cosmetic Botulinum to treat frown lines and crow’s feet
- Dermal Fillers & Liquid Facelift for immediate results
- Fractora Firm naturally revitalises and renews your skin
- Lip Restoration for a youthful look
Everybody will say how great you look, but nobody will know why! Call us for your FREE cosmedical consultation.