Next time you reach for your tablet to binge watch your latest Netflix box set you might want to think about the blue light that it’s emitting and how it could be affecting your skin.
What is blue light?
Blue light is a colour in the visible light spectrum that can be seen by the human eye. Blue light is a high-energy, short-wavelength light.
How visible blue light affects your skin
Recent research suggests that daily exposure to visible light can promote damage to the skin. It also suggests that this damage may be more associated with specific colours of visible light than others. Non-UV-containing light mainly in the violet-blue portion of the visible spectrum may be responsible for most of the adverse effects caused by the entirety of visible light.
The effects of blue light irradiation in skin cells include the formation of reactive oxygen species, DNA damage, loss of cell viability, activation of inflammation pathways and decreases in cell function. When the mitochondria absorb the blue light in our bodies, it can result in these detrimental biological impacts on the skin. Thankfully, Aspect Dr skincare can help to prevent and protect you from the effects of blue light.
How Aspect Dr Helps
Aspect Dr’s NEW Signature Blend uses the latest technology to help minimise the effect of blue light on the skin. They have included a blend of 5 of Australia’s natives to target the receptors to help block blue light influences on the skin. This means the newly added plant botanical blend can help to prevent further pigmentation. It can reduce anti-inflammatory responses in the skin, giving an extra boost of antioxidants as well as added Vitamin C to address photoaging.
Here are the newly added botanicals and their properties:
- Kakadu Plum – The world’s highest source of bio-available Vitamin C. Packed with powerful polyphenols.
- Davidson Plum – Packed with an exciting range of photoactive compounds including Tartaric Acid, Gallic-Acid, Quercetin and Anthocyanin
- Lemon Myrtle – A powerhouse of antioxidants that target a range of skin concerns, including photodamage and dehydration.
- Dessert Lime – A botanical extract delivering natural, stable and active bio-available Vitamin C
- Mountain Pepper Berry – Delivers powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and skin conditioning properties. It also supports Vitamin C stability and collagen production.
The Best Bit!
The really great news is that with the new formulation all your Aspect Dr skincare products can be pumped into the hand and blended together without compromising one another. Previously it was advised to apply each product seperately. So the new formulation saves you precious time each morning and evening!
Talk to us about the full Aspect Dr range of skincare. Call into the clinic for advice from the enhanceskin team.